Our Assistance Guidelines
The Idyllwild Help Center will always be ready to help the local community.
- Are a resident of Idyllwild, Mountain Center, or Pine Cove
- Meet the CDBG Income Limits 2021 for Low or below. See picture.
- Need to call our Client Services Administrator, Skye, to set up an appointment to fill out and return intake packet. You can also download this packet to bring in completed for your appointment with Skye. Some verification may be required.
- If you have any questions about the our services, the income limits, the verification process, or how to fill out the intake packet please call Us at (951) 659-2110.
The Idyllwild Help Center provides financial assistance through grants from local foundations. When funding is available we are able to provide qualified clients with vouchers for the following:
- Medical assistance grants
- Based on funding availability
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic appointments
- Glasses, prescriptions, over-the-counter medicine
- Gas vouchers to doctor appointments off the hill
Idyllwild Children’s Fund
- Holiday Angel Tree program
- Vouchers for Town Hall Sports, Idyllwild Arts classes
- Back to school vouchers for clothing and school supplies
Food Assistance Program/Food Pantry
Clients can receive a bag of food items once every week.
Whenever available, the Idyllwild Help Center also issues food vouchers. These vouchers are honored at Fairway Market in Idyllwild or Stater Bros off the mountain and allow clients to purchase fresh, perishable food items that we do not carry in our food pantry. The food bags and the amount of the voucher depend on the size of the family served.
Other Assistance Programs
- Firewood for heating
- Utility assistance (based on funding availability)
- Set amount for your electric or propane bill
Women’s Cabinet and Hygiene Goods
We have a sponsored allocation of hygiene goods from Soroptimist International of Idyllwild. There is free access to personal hygiene and basic need items for all ages. Items available include the following items:
- Hand Soap
- Dish Soap
- Bath Soap
- Panty Liners
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Shaving Cream
- Dental Floss
- Laundry Detergent
Donating to the Community Pantry
We would be so grateful if you could contribute to our pantry. We accept food donations
7 days a week 10AM – 4PM at the Thrift Store and 10AM – 4PM Monday through Friday at the Help Center Office.
We accept donations of the following items:
- Canned Soups
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Helper Meals
- Canned Tuna or Meat
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Top Ramen
- Canned Fruit
- Beef Stew
- Cold Cereal
- Hot Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly or Jam
- Chili and beans
- Tooth Brushes
- Tooth Paste
- Bars of Soap
*Please do not send in expired food and opened food items or containers.
Your Story! Please share how we have helped you. You can leave your story anonymously if you would like.
Name/Email not required.
We use these compelling stories to help receive grants to further serve our community.